As a major borough wide asset Antrim Enterprise Agency is a very successful social economy business. We are a not for profit taking organisation with charitable status contributing to the local economic development and business growth in a variety of ways.
Through the voluntary efforts of our directors, the professionalism and dedication of our paid staff, Antrim Enterprise Agency makes a real contribution to the social capital of towns and villages across the borough. We provide the capacity, the capability and the expertise to make things work better at a local level. We provide the means by which local communities can respond to both opportunities and challenge and they do so, on the basis of payment only for results, without being a continuing burden on the rate payer or taxpayer.
Roles to be filled
The board of trustees are looking for individuals with the following experience that they can add value to the current work of the board:
- Property Development/Management
- Financial Management/Banking
- IT/Software Development
Antrim Enterprise Agency wants to be Antrim & Newtownabbey borough’s most dynamic enterprise centre encouraging, guiding, motivating and inspiring individuals into self-employment
We believe that every client that comes through our doors are helped, encouraged and supported on their entrepreneurial journey
Fundamental to our success are the core values we believe in and practice
- Integrity: Antrim Enterprise Agency is about being honest and having strong moral principles in all our day to day dealings with customers, clients and suppliers
- Dedicated: Antrim Enterprise Agency fosters strong teamwork and encourages personal initiative and growth within the workplace
- Passionate: Our staff are emotionally committed employees, passionate about their work and the organization they work for
- Quality: The presence of the highest quality standards throughout all aspects of our engagements has made Antrim Enterprise Agency a pivotal partner in the eyes of our clients
- Embracing Change: Antrim Enterprise Agency is at the forefront of adapting to new demands both for personal and organizational survival
To participate fully as Trustee and to bring their personal skills and experience to the role by ensuring that the Board plays an active role in overseeing the delivery of high-quality services to individuals within Antrim & Newtownabbey Borough and its hinterlands.
- To monitor the performance of Antrim Enterprise Agency through oversight of the strategic plan
- To contribute fully to discussions as a Trustee of Antrim Enterprise Agency
- To become familiar with the work of Antrim Enterprise Agency
- To safeguard the good name and values of Antrim Enterprise Agency
- To participate in at least one of the Sub Committees
- To undertake any induction, development or other training which may be required
- To have regard to any areas where there may be potential for conflict with any aspect of Antrim Enterprise Agency’s strategy and ensure that these issues are raised with the Chair where necessary.
Board members sit on one or more of the following sub committees:
- Audit & Finance Committee; meet quarterly
- Risk & Strategic Planning Committee; meet as and when
- Human Resource Committee; meet twice yearly
- Property Committee; meet as and when
Board meetings happen at present due to Covid-19, monthly but are normally quarterly 1st Monday of
Antrim Enterprise holds Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Management Liability – trustees and individual Liability £1m
- Employment Practices Liability – £1m
- Professional & Legal Liability - £1m
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate:
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the values of Antrim Enterprise Agency
- A record of proven and significant achievement in their own field
- A proven track record of strategic leadership and harnessing a range of motivational skills.
- Demonstrable experience of building and sustaining relationships with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve organisational objectives
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the values of accountability, probity, and openness.
- Sound, objective judgement and decision making.
- Confident and effective communication skills with a range of audiences.
Trustees are unremunerated
Meetings will be held at Antrim Enterprise Agency but at present we operate via Zoom
It is anticipated that this role may require up to 1 day per quarter
Closing date for applications: open
Interviews: 2 weeks prior to a board meeting